Happy Ruby Tuesday, and if you will click on over to Mary/the teachs' site http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com you can see lots more images with RED.
WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Monday, August 16, 2010
Ruby Tuesday
Folks I'd like you to meet Matilda ( Tillie). She is one of my Bantam Silkie chickens, and is the mom of Tweetie the orphan chick I raised in our basement. This gal weighs less than a pound, and has an attitude 4 times as much. A good egg layer she is, but a good mom she isn't. She will sit on her eggs, hatch them out, then abandon them. Hence the orphan chick we had in our basement, and by the way he is getting cuter every day.
Happy Ruby Tuesday, and if you will click on over to Mary/the teachs' site http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com you can see lots more images with RED.
Happy Ruby Tuesday, and if you will click on over to Mary/the teachs' site http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com you can see lots more images with RED.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh that is what we call tiny but terrible ^_^ Great shot with this one. Happy Tuesday!
A Chevrolet red pick up
She looks like there might be some attitude.I used to have a male and female Bantam,called them Johnny and Susie.I was MUCH younger then. :)
Blessings,Ruth
Blessings,Ruth
She's so pretty. It's sad to hear she isn't a good mommy!
There is something about chickens I like.
LOL!! I guess we cant all be perfect and she probably figures she has done her share by hatching them. :)
She looks lovely....she has you trained to raise her chicks for her. Sort of like some human moms! LOL
That chicken is so cool.!!!!!
followed you here...
hope you can follow me back...
thanks...
http://emotera-momikoito.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-ruby-ended.html
Oh I love bantam chickens. They are so small and my granpa grows them in Phil. Thanks for the post. Have a good Tuesday!
I am glad the chick is growing, the mom looks so gentle. I had a hen once, she sat on the nest for two months and than I took her out of the coop, no chicks.
Post a Comment