WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, August 30, 2010

Ruby Tuesday

On this Ruby Tuesday a juvenile male Hairy woodpecker stopped by my feeders for some shelled Sunflower seed. He has just a bit of red on the back of his head. Not nearly as much as he will have as an adult.
Stop by Mary/the teach's site http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com to see more RED shots.

6 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh, perfect! I should take my camera out to see if I can capture our woodpeckers! I like this unusual angle.

Hootin Anni said...

Super excellent...I love watching birds!!!!

My R T Link

Have a great day.

Auntie E said...

This is probable the first time I have seen a Woodpecker eating from a feeding. the trees must be healthy in your ares.
My ruby Link for you

Janis said...

I think I had one of them at my bird house,,,he was just looking in the hole and the sparrows were just having a fit! Great shot.

Mary said...

My woodpeckers seem to have temporarily disappeared. This is a lovely shot of the red head :-) I bet that shelled sunflower seed is really popular!

Margaret Cloud said...

I like the Woodpeckers, they are noisy and steal feed from the Squirrels.