WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's Sunday

Take a look at the moon tonight. It's so clear. We're in another hot streak, and all the plants are getting dry again. The creek behind our home is so dry, and I haven't seen it this bad in many years.

On a ride today I saw this small flock of turkey poults. They went in single file across the road and disappeared in the grape vineyards..

On Lake Erie I spotted these two Cormorants sitting on a half buried log.

One decided to take a swim.
Another hot day for us tomorrow. Scattered t-storms hopefully will reach us.
I need to make some zucchini crisp, and freeze some carrots.
We're giving our chickens extra light in the mornings now since the days have been getting shorter. This extra light keeps them laying much better through the winter months.
Have a good rest of the weekend.

6 comments:

Arija said...

The weather seems to be intensifying all over the world. We're still in winter here but the spring flowers and blossom trees have been flowering for ages and even one of my tulips has a bud.
What a great idea to give the chickens more light so they lay better!

Things are a little easier here. Hope you are managing. Do drop me an email, I worry about you.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is dry all around the country,it seems. That moon picture is so perfect,seeing that Niel Armstrong,first man on the moon,passed away yesterday.

Mary said...

Hope you get rain and some cooler temps. Not too bad here. Love the cormorants and turkeys :-)

TexWisGirl said...

the moon is beautiful. i like the turkeys filing across, too. hope you get a break in the drought, soon.

genie said...

Your turkey shot could have been taken right here in VA. I love it. What a nice little family you were able to capture.And your moon shot is awesome. I just cannot pull that one off. It is hot and very muggy here. We are bracing for Issac to move to the east once it makes landfall. Hope it doesn't make the creek rise too high. genie

Stewart M said...

Hi there - thats a great Moon shot.

I think your turkeys have got the right idea going into the vineyards!

Thanks for the comment.

Stewart M