WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Macro Monday

It's time for Macro Monday, and this week I found a large Milkweed bug. The milkweed has done well this summer since we didn't have a late killing frost, and there seems to be plenty of these bugs.
Happy Monday, and click over to http://lisaschaos.com to see more close ups.

6 comments:

Linda said...

really terrific! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Becky,
Looks like we may have some of the same flowers in our neck of the woods. I'm from Mass (please don't think I'm a Red Sox Fan)..and that bug on your milk weed, yuck..we sure have our share of bugs...nice photo's and I'm now following you..

Joanne Olivieri said...

Colorful little critter with great details. Nice shot.

Unknown said...

Beautiful bug!

Stewart M said...

What a great looking beetle! A assume the name milk bug means it gives off some form of fluid - and the colours probably means its not a nice one!

Splendid.

Stewart M - Australia

Pat said...

What a colorful creature!