WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, August 27, 2012

Macro Monday

It's time for Macro Monday, and I found this bug on a Milkweed plant in my flower bed. I have searched through all my books, but can't seem to find out what it is. Will keep looking, but if anyone knows the ID I'd love to know. I haven't seen one like it before. Thanks to  Mary from http://faithfabricandphotos.blogspot.com
for finding and ID'ing this Locust Borer bug. We have black locust trees and will look at them since this bug eats them. Happy Monday, and click on http://lisaschaos.com to see lots more close ups.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no idea what it is, but it's a pretty one!

Mary said...

Never seen one like it! Odd! Post it on BugGuide.net and they will tell you what it is. The legs look like grasshopper legs...really odd!

Mary said...

Found it! Locust Borer. I found a photo that led to a BugGuide post. You aren't the only one who wondered what one of these critters was :-)

Becky said...

Thanks Mary! I must look for more!

Kim, USA said...

This bug is fashionista! ^_^ A stripe yellow and black is awesome color to combine. Like this shot!


Kim,USA

Carletta said...

He's huge. I've never seen one either. Kudos to Mary. He definitely looks like a cross between a caterpillar and a grasshopper. :)
Nice find Becky!

EG CameraGirl said...

Great shot even though the critter makes me shutter. :))

Cicero Sings said...

What an interesting bug. Glad it was figured out as to what it is - always nice to know what ones pictures are of!