WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday afternoon

Taking a ride through our Amish area, these girls and most likely one of the girls brother were out for a stroll.

Lots of "tired iron" around our area. This is an antique road grader. In earlier days it might have been pulled by horses, but in later years by a tractor.

Church is over for the Amish , and several of the families make their way home. Far up the road on the left you can see Mom and Dad each pushing a stroller and a buggy with their children inside. It is a long way up this hill, and I noticed at one time as we drove from behind, the Mom and Dad would change places possibly because  the buggy was heavier than the stroller and each would take their turn.

This buggy has at least 4 children in the back seat and Mom holding one up front.

I might have already mentioned this, but Fall is sneaking up on us. The Canada geese are nearly done molting and have gotten their new feathers. Now they can fly again, and are going through practice maneuvers with the youngsters. Most of the geese around here will stay put all winter as long as the creek doesn't freeze. If it does, they will fly a little South just to where they can find food.
Another beautiful day and much cooler.
Take care everyone.

2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is most unusual to see the Amish.This is not something I get to see here.

Mary said...

Love all the Amish shots! I know they don't like having their picture taken, but I think distant shots like these are nice and non-intrusive. I haven't seen any geese flying and the ones from the wetlands are all gone. I hope to see some migrating through back up north.