WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, August 13, 2012

Barn Charm

Last summer we took a vacation and drove through central Pennsylvania and along a road that had many Amish farms. This is one of them, and what I didn't show in this shot is that in the yard next to that red building on the right they must have been getting ready for an auction. There were at least 30-40 pieces of iron farm equipment all in a line. I've looked for the picture I took of all the equipment but so far haven't found it.
Happy Tuesday and if you want to see more barns click on over to http://bluffareadaily.blogspot.com

10 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Pennsylvania has so mnay wonderful old farms -- you found a beautiful one! The Amish in Lancaster County have a long history -- I love to visit that area.

Brian King said...

Gorgeous scene of a working (or once working) farm! That big barn is a looker!

Carletta said...

The Amish barns are some of my favorites. I like the weathered red paint and the silos on this one.

TexWisGirl said...

such pretty green to offset the barns, too.

Amy Burzese said...

What a beautiful, weathered barn. I love all the small buildings and the silos.

Anonymous said...

Misplacing of pics is the worst, isn't it! So sorry you haven't found it, yet...

If it was an auction going on there, I hope it doesn't mean that they're going out of business... too many of our farms are being abandoned

Thanks for joining =)

EG CameraGirl said...

Handsome collection of barns. Hope you find the photo of the farm equipment. Boy! Believe me I KNOW how frustrating a lost or hiding photo can be. :))

Rose said...

Wow, that is a big barn...looks like a busy place, too!

Mary said...

Barns and farms always have such interesting things to see. No wonder so many people like this Barn Charm meme. They do seem to have a lot of equipment.

Anonymous said...

They have large barns there!