WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Macro Monday

I'm sure you have all seen these little yellow flowers early in the spring. They bloom very early and are usually found in barren places where other flowers might not grow. They are called Coltsfoot, and when I was very young my Dad and I would look every year for them, knowing the real Spring wasn't too far off. Click over to http://lisaschaos.com/ to see lots more close-ups.



16 comments:

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

all the Spring color, oh so wonderful to see!!

Jan said...

We don't have coltsfoot, here, or I've never noticed the. I thought they were dandelions, which are very similar, without the beautiful center.

Now, I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find some.

jo©o said...

Aaah, Coltsfoot, my favourite spring wild flower when we lived in upstate NY, as it usually was the very first.
Go on, ask me the Latin name...
which for some strange reason is one I always remember.
OK, you twisted my arm:-)
Tussilago farfara. Isn't that gorgeous?

Christina, Sweden said...

the first wild sign of spring, we have those to. Shines like small suns :-)

TexWisGirl said...

They're very pretty! Like a dandelion crossed with a daisy or something. I've never seen them here. At least not that I know of...

A Bit of the Blarney said...

How very lovely!! The lavender petals behind the yellow are, well, I'm just speechless! WOW! Cathy

Jama said...

So pretty!

Ruth Hiebert said...

They are very pretty.Somewhat like a Dandelion,yet very different.

Teresa said...

Beautiful! They are so cheerful.

Kala said...

What a lovely flower - the color and pattern are so pretty. Don't think we don't have these where I live.

Hootin Anni said...

Such a wonderful, buttery, yellow!

My Link for today:
Hot pink...BEAUTY and the BEAST

Jan n Jer said...

Pretty little flower...it does remind me a lot of a dandelion. Great pic! Looks like spring is finally showing up in your neck of the woods!!!!

Laura said...

so pretty Becky! It is cloudy today...so this is my little bit of sunshine, thanks!

Margaret Cloud said...

These are so pretty, but I have never seen them before. Thank you for coming by and have a nice week.

EG CameraGirl said...

Never thought I'd be jealous of anyone's coltfoot photos, but I haven't seen any of these plants yet! Maybe tomorrow will be a sunny day and I can take my camera for a walk. :)

Mary said...

I'm glad you have signs of spring at last!