WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Camera Critters

These shots were taken just about 1 year ago. On a very, very snowy Sunday afternoon we all bundled up and drove ( it was way too cold and snowy to walk) 1/4 mile to catch a ride on this bob sled. The 2 Belgian horses and sled belong to a guy that lives not far from us. He brought them up the road to a field across from the local general store. We all piled in the sled and even though we nearly froze we had a wonderful ride.
Don't forget to click on the Camera Critters side bar to see lots more neat critters. Thanks to all responsible for hosting this really fun meme.

18 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Now that's the way to enjoy a snowy day.Have a wonderful Sunday.
Blessings,Ruth

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That first shot should be made into a jigsaw puzzle Becky!! Poor horses!!

Groomer Angie said...

That looks like so much fun, cold, but fun! Thanks for sharing!

Lara said...

oh, that looks cold :)!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, nice shots of the horses and sled! I hope you were bundled up for that ride!

I see you enjoy your birds too. I am a Radiographer who loves birds and photography but not yet retired (working on that). Have a great Camera Critters weekend!

Michele said...

Neat! I love these!! It does look a little chilly but so much fun!

Hug♥

Cicero Sings said...

What a fun opportunity for an old fashioned ride!

Betty said...

Beautiful horses. That looks like it would be alot of fun as long as you were bundled up.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh it looks like fun!!

Mary said...

I love the big horses! Makes me think of Clydesdales. What fun to go sledding behind horses! Lovely shots of them.

EG CameraGirl said...

Belgian horses are beautiful to my eyes. Looks like a cold day but a fun one on which to take a ride.

Margaret Cloud said...

That looks like an old fashion way to enjoy the outdoors, hope you had lots of fun.

Tink *~*~* said...

They remind me of the Budweiser Clydesdales that you can see at the Busch Gardens theme park in Tampa.

Tink *~*~*

My Mobile Adventures *~*~* Presents: Eagles from the Florida Gulf Coast

dot said...

Beautiful snowy pictures. I wish I could have seen such in person.
I like your new header pictures also.

Carletta said...

These are beautiful horses and the ride sounds like so much fun!

abc said...

Those are wonderful horses. Must have been a great ride!

Anonymous said...

How delightful ... but it looks pretty COLD there to me!
Hugs and blessings,

Pia K said...

What pretty horses! I hope they weren't too disturbed or cold in that weather.