WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Saturday, January 3, 2009

It was a gorgeous day Saturday. After our oldest granddaughter and I took down the Christmas tree and picked up the remaining decorations, Becca, Grandpa, and I decided to go for a ride and get some ice cream. It was around 3PM, and already the sun was beginning to lower in the sky. It made for some interesting color shots. There were different cloud formations in each direction you looked.
This first one is looking Southwest. Another shot toward the East with the sun shining on these trees. The sky in the background was really dark.
We saw the same deer we saw the other day eating next to a large corn crib, and this time they stayed for a minute. The sun was shining on them too.
Then all of a sudden they apparently had enough photos, and decided to run away.
This little building was right next to the corn crib where the deer were feeding. Not sure what it was used for, but I liked the way the light shone on it.
On down the road, more deer feeding in this corn field.
They weren't too happy about sticking around either. Of course black powder hunting season is in, and that makes the deer really spooky. Can't imagine why. LOL

This picture is taken toward the deer shooting through the lens of Gary's orange sun glasses. Just trying something fun.
As we neared home the sun was setting. We get so few of these days, it's so nice to get out and enjoy them.
Freezing rain predicted for Sunday morning. Ugh !
Have a wonderful day all, and don't forget to get out there and take some pictures.

12 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

It is nice to get a warm spell here and there Becky. The clouds look golden in your first picture.

EG CameraGirl said...

The light was interesting here at sunset too, but NOT as interesting as yours. The trees in your second shot looks so orange...at least on my screen.

Hope the ice cream was yummy.

Becky said...

Joan
There was some really weird colors out there today, especially near sunset.
B.
EG. Yes they do look sort of orange, and that sun was really doing a number on those trees.
B.

Jan said...

Becky, I love the first photo. All of these are great, of course, but the first one just speaks to me.

Carletta said...

These are gorgeous! I love the way you captured the sun on everything.

Michele said...

That dark sky is really awesome with the orange trees, isn't it?
I like that contrast a lot!
Very nice deer photos... I just love those forest creatures.

Have a good Sunday.

~Michele~
(Hug)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful pictures.I think it would be called 'extrodinary light'.Our son had a book by that name and these pictures reminded me of the pictures in the book.
Blessings,Ruth

Louise said...

Such beautiful photos! You did some great work with composition, and the light captured fantastic. But it looks too cold for ice cream!

Anonymous said...

I love the way the winter light affects your photos. It was a pretty day here too, though cold. This afternoon we are supposed to get the freezing rain.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh my gosh you have some wonderful photos here, loved them all

Mary said...

I'm glad that you had some sun on Saturday since we had nothing but gloom. The deer are great! What a difference in those sky shots.

me ann my camera said...

The orange sunglasses view works, what a gorgeous colour this resulted in! Lovely deer shots too.