Since it is another snowy day, and there aren't any new birds to photograph, I got desperate for something else. Can you imagine my surprise when I saw this mushroom growing in my terrarium. It only lasted one day, and I think I found it in my mushroom book. A Lemon -yellow Lepiota. The write-up says they can grow all year in-doors. On the ground, in leaf litter, compost, in greenhouses and on house plants. I guess I qualify for a couple of those. Any way it's poisonous.
WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Monday, January 19, 2009
First, I must tell you today is my anniversary of 1 year since I began blogging. I have to give a HUGE thanks to my cousin Kristine for talking to me for nearly 2 hours on the phone all the way from Virginia, and giving me badly needed help and advise to get me started! I have enjoyed this past year so much, I have "met" so many wonderful people and hopefully I will be able to continue for many years to come.
Since it is another snowy day, and there aren't any new birds to photograph, I got desperate for something else. Can you imagine my surprise when I saw this mushroom growing in my terrarium. It only lasted one day, and I think I found it in my mushroom book. A Lemon -yellow Lepiota. The write-up says they can grow all year in-doors. On the ground, in leaf litter, compost, in greenhouses and on house plants. I guess I qualify for a couple of those. Any way it's poisonous.
While sitting on my stump in front of the wood stove, I looked at the wood rack and saw some cool fungus growing on the ends of some of the logs.
Since it is another snowy day, and there aren't any new birds to photograph, I got desperate for something else. Can you imagine my surprise when I saw this mushroom growing in my terrarium. It only lasted one day, and I think I found it in my mushroom book. A Lemon -yellow Lepiota. The write-up says they can grow all year in-doors. On the ground, in leaf litter, compost, in greenhouses and on house plants. I guess I qualify for a couple of those. Any way it's poisonous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Happy Anniversary! My anniversary is in December, and I often think -were we nuts? Other people can go to warm sunny places but because ours is so close to Christmas we never do. But I have since learned that it is a great time to stay indoors with the one you love. Cuddle up and share some alone time. How much more romantic can you get? I wish for you a warm, and cuddly romantic anniversary.
Happy Anniversary! Blogland has been a better place with you in it!!
An awesome mushroom you have there!!
I especially like the first one. Happy Blog Anniversary!
Congratulations on one year! Isn't it great? I really love that new header and that yellow mushroom is gorgeous! What a nice thing to find for your anniversary post. Hard to find much when you are buried in snow :-) I love your blog and look forward to many more posts!
Happy Anniversary! Glad you got hooked! My 2nd anniversary is March 15th! Imagine.
I'm glad you found something so interesting to photograph in these drear months.
Happy Anniversary I hope I cando this long enough to have an anivrsary. I just love your Mush rooms and the fungi.I like to go on walks and take pictures of them.
The flowers on your header are lovely.
Happy anniversary Becky! When I discovered your blog, I expected that you had been at it for a long time. Your photos and subjects are so interesting.
Happy Blog Anniversary. Ya, we're all crazy, but crazy together, has been great. I've so enjoyed your posts and photos.
Happy Blogging Anniversary!This is an interesting 'hobby',if that is what it is.I love the Orchid header,and the fungi is unique.I have been blogging for only 4 1/2 months and have gained such valuable friendships.Looking forward to more of your posts.
Blessings,Ruth
Congrats Becky. A lovely assortment of pictures here. I especially like the muchrooms.
Happy anniversary, Becky. I don't remember when I first discovered your blog but I'm so glad I did!
I hope you keep on blogging for a long, long time. ;-)
Happy Blogiversary!!
I hope to spend many more years with you!!
((Hugs))
I'm a little late in getting back to you all, but I did want to thank each and every one of you for all the great comments, and for making this past year such a wonderful experience. It is so much more enjoyable than I ever imagined.
Thanks again to all my friends, and I'll keep trying to find more interesting subjects to put on my blog. Love you all...
B.
Congratulations on the anniversary of Woodynook Creations. Good for you, and keep it up. You've created a very attractive and enjoyable blog.
Bobbie
Post a Comment