OK, so what's going on here? It's -4º yesterday morning, and I see 2 Sparrows checking out the Blue bird house. Maybe they know something we don't. Could Spring actually be on it's way? ? LOLWe took a short ride around Findley Lake in the afternoon, and saw these Mallards and geese swimming in a very small portion of unfrozen water. My header was taken in the same area.
Early in the morning this female Red Bellied woodpecker came close to the house, and I like the pattern of the under side of her tail.
Now she can't decide which seed to take.
In this shot you can see the red on the underside of her belly. She's keeping an eye on all the Blue Jays that were trying to steal her seed.
All the while this Blue Jay waited his turn. Even these guys don't mess with the woodpeckers.
I think this female House finch was sleeping ?
Have a super day everyone. Keep all the terrific photos coming. I love them all!
It is amazing to watch animals and birds as they sense thing so much sooner that us humans. I know after winter when the wildebeest start migrating that it is going to rain soon in that direction. We can actually learn a lot from observing them.
The new header is great.In fact I enjoyed all the pictures.I firmly believe that those of us who watch birds always find something interesting going on around us. Blessings,Ruth
These are great! I don't see the female red-bellied very often and never seem to get a good photo. I think those sparrows just want a warm place to spend the rest of the winter :-) We are due for 2-4" of snow later today.
I feel so sorry for the ducks and geese with their feet in that cold water, and for the poor birds in that snow. You'd think their little feet would freeze! But then, like you say, maybe the sparrows know something. I hope so, for all their sakes -- and yours, too!
11 comments:
What a great series of photos!
Your header is beautiful and I just love the Blue Jay - wonderful shot.
It is amazing to watch animals and birds as they sense thing so much sooner that us humans. I know after winter when the wildebeest start migrating that it is going to rain soon in that direction. We can actually learn a lot from observing them.
Becky, my house sparrows have been wintering in a couple of our nest boxes. I have four boxes, and they seem to like two of them.
Love your new header, Becky!
I enjoy seeing the variety of birds that visit your feeder.
The new header is great.In fact I enjoyed all the pictures.I firmly believe that those of us who watch birds always find something interesting going on around us.
Blessings,Ruth
These are great! I don't see the female red-bellied very often and never seem to get a good photo. I think those sparrows just want a warm place to spend the rest of the winter :-) We are due for 2-4" of snow later today.
Yes, your header is lovely.
It is funny, how every now and again, a little bird seems to fall asleep in amongst the food.
I love the last photo in this series, she looks like she is contemplating the heart ...
So many pretty birds and photos! Spring, soon? I can dream. :)
Oh these are fabulous! I LOVE how close you can get to that Woodpecker!!
And your header shot is FAB!!
I feel so sorry for the ducks and geese with their feet in that cold water, and for the poor birds in that snow. You'd think their little feet would freeze! But then, like you say, maybe the sparrows know something. I hope so, for all their sakes -- and yours, too!
Bobbie
Post a Comment