WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Good Morning. Sorry if I didn't get around to too many of my blogging friends yesterday. I got a new printer, and have spent so much time getting it set up, and playing with all the features. My other printer just wasn't doing the job I wanted.
I tried my hand at snowflakes .
Now, onto all the Pine Siskins. They were back yesterday and there are so many of them, and they like to argue with each other. They're great at hanging upside down too.

Junco's prefer feeding on the ground.
All the Cardinals were here too. None of the big birds showed up today giving all the little ones their turn at the feeders.

Even the Titmice showed up. This is the only one that was still.
More Pine Siskins.

I'm actually writing this Wednesday night. We're having quite a nasty storm. So far 3-4" of snow has fallen since 2PM, and the wind is really howling. Gone is the ice, thank heavens, and it's welcome back to winter.
Have a great day all, and be safe.

8 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I hope you new header is not a street Becky? That would be just too much water to handle. :)

Mary said...

Love the snowflakes! Cute Titmouse! I get so frustrated with them at times...they are so quick. I like the way the siskin echoes the curve of the feeder. Hope you didn't have any damage from the storm.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Your snowflake pictures are really neat.
Blessings,ruth

Cicero Sings said...

A warm day here yesterday and even over night ... currently +1C. Quite on our bird front yesterday do to all the snow bombs off of the trees. Deadly to a small bird!

Michele said...

Pretty snowflakes... such dainty details.
I hope you are staying safe of that nasty snowstorm!!!
~Michele~
(hug)

EG CameraGirl said...

Beautiful snowflakes, Becky. Looks like your making the best of all the snow by taking photos of it! The pine siskins really do like to argue, don't they?

Anonymous said...

These are great shots that made me smile. I'm in love with the snow flakes. That's only the 2nd photo I've ever seen of real snow flakes. Awwww-sum!
:-)

BNS said...

It must be nice to have so many cardinals show up in your yard all at once! We have cardinals, but we never see more than one male and one female at a time.

Bobbie