Anyhow here are a few pictures of birds in flight. Some are blurry, but I think they are interesting just the same. I have a sun dial in the front yard, and have put some seed on it so there won't be such fighting, but it doesn't help much. These guys are very hungry.
WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Saturday, January 17, 2009
TAKING FLIGHT
It was oh, so cold yesterday morning. Around 7AM it was -7º, and soon the sun came out. There were lots of birds to photograph. Even if they are the same gang that shows up every day, I still like seeing them. I had 17 Blue Jays at one time, and later when they left along came 7 pairs of Cardinals.
Anyhow here are a few pictures of birds in flight. Some are blurry, but I think they are interesting just the same. I have a sun dial in the front yard, and have put some seed on it so there won't be such fighting, but it doesn't help much. These guys are very hungry.
Anyhow here are a few pictures of birds in flight. Some are blurry, but I think they are interesting just the same. I have a sun dial in the front yard, and have put some seed on it so there won't be such fighting, but it doesn't help much. These guys are very hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Your bird shots are awesome!
Yes, the birds have been desperate for fuel for the past few days. I think it's about time for a January thaw, don't you?
These are great! I love that header in particular with the lovely blue jays against the snow. You capture the flight shows well...I get a lot of blurs.
I love the landing gear down picture... made me giggle with the long dangling legs!!!
Stay warm!
~Michele~
Mountain Retreat
I miss cardinals. I had one this week before the latest storm, but usually they are scarce for me in the winter.
We are in Orchard Park tonight, and there is more snow here, than all along our trip up this morning. More snow expected overnight.
You have captured wonderful beauty in motion of these birds and your header is absolutely delightful!! Super images I think. And it looks so snowy and cold there too!
I thourghly enjoyed each picture.I think the in flight ones are great,such action is often hard tocatch.
Blessing,Ruth
Really cute bird shots! We had a few snow flurries today. I guess that's about as good as we are going to get.
Without your seeds, these poor guys would be starving.
Wonderful shots Becky! I LOVE how you captured them in flight....and how you capture them all scattering when the hawk showed up.
That's adorable, all the wee ones and their different patterns and colours:)
That looks like a really busy feeder! I suppose when there's that much snow covering everything, the birds really rely on what you give them to eat.
Bobbie
I love all the action shots! Especially that cardinal blur!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment