WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A VISIT WITH MR. HAIRY

Mr. Hairy stopped by for a bite yesterday afternoon, and stayed long enough for me to get a few pictures. Actually I took lots while he went all around the suet, keeping a wary eye out for Mr. Cooper's hawk. How about a view of the back of my head showing my red headband.
And here is one of my tummy.
Both eyes at the same time. Can you see me now?
Looking down with eyes closed.
I'm so cute.
Oops, did I drop a piece on the ground?
I hope everyone is warm and safe today. It's really, really cold out here, and we are supposed to get LOTS of snow later this afternoon.
Total snowfall for this season so far is 146.5". This winter has really been pretty much normal for us. The past few years have been too warm and much less snow. Maybe this is why there have been a disappearance of many species of winter birds in this area.

11 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful shots of the woodpecker, Becky! We have a pair visiting our suet feeder but so far I;m not happy with any of the photos I've taken. These are GREAT!

Mary said...

Those are great shots! Love the tummy :-) It's in the teens here today, so my birds are going to be very hungry and cold!

dot said...

Nice pictures of Mr. Hairy. He can come visit me if he gets tired of the snow.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Lovely shots.He must have been un a photogenic mood.At our place they spook fairly quickly.I like the Blue Jays on the header.
Blessings,Ruth

Dewdrop said...

Wow! Those are some incredible views of that woodpecker! How do you do that?

Jan said...

I love Mr. Hairy, he sure is a ham. Stay warm.

Cicero Sings said...

Nice "eyelashes" Mr. Hairy is sporting! You got some good close ups.

Betty said...

I really like your Mr Hairy. The red on his head and his soft looking tummy.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Really excellent shots Becky.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh my....these are absolutely fabulous! Great shots!!

Anonymous said...

Those are great shots of your hairy! I've had one hanging on my suet most of the morning today. I can't imagine all the snow you have had, but tomorrow morning we head to Buffalo, so I expect we'll see more than what we have here.