WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Watery Wednesday

Last summer we took a ride to Ashtabula, Ohio to see the coal docks. You can see the trains at the coal docks on Gary's blog http://steamacrossthetrestle.blogspot.com/.
This is the lift bridge on the Ashtabula River that will lift up to let tall boats out to Lake Erie. The bridge in it's up position while a boat passes through.
Thanks so much to 2sweetnsaxy for hosting this wonderful site.
Click on http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/ to see plenty more wet photos.

14 comments:

Rob Ripma said...

Very interesting bridge. Great shots!

EG CameraGirl said...

Nice to see the bridge up as well as down. Thanks for sharing both of them, Becky.

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Very interesting shots of the coal docks!

Cicero Sings said...

I've never seen a bridge open quite like this one before.

As for the after shave, I don't know of anyone else that makes their husband's aftershave. I make his face wash, shaving oil and aftershave oil. I also make our own bar soap ... I've developed a nice creamy soap recipe that makes a lovely soft lather ... even in our hard water.

Anonymous said...

I think bridges are fascinating and it's amazing to watch them raise like that.

Anonymous said...

Great shot of the bridge rising up! I used to commute over one of those, it was a pain trying to get to work when the bridge was up! Looks nice when you're on holidays tho, lol.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

It seems like a very busy area with all the boats up and down Becky.

Carletta said...

Great catch of the bridge!

me ann my camera said...

Fascinating, what power it must take to lift that bridge, its like a one side draw bridge!

Mary said...

Very interesting! Will have to point this one out to Mike since he likes mechanical things :-)

Mary said...

Lovely header photo! You always have such great headers.

dot said...

I love the bridge shots especially the one where it's up.
I'm convinced that Ohio is the most interesting state in the USA!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That sounds and looks like an interesting place to visit.
Blessings,Rtuh

Connie T. said...

Wow, the whole bridge moves. very interesting pictures.