WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Saturday, January 3, 2009

I had quite a few birds yesterday morning. I still have 3 pair of Cardinals. Usually they show up at the feeders either at dawn or at dusk.
Mr. Hairy woodpecker made an appearance. I haven't seen him or her for quite a while.
He played peek-a-boo from on the back side of the hanging suet feeder
Then he got down to business, and began to eat.

We saw these geese lounging around in this corn field. The owner had been picking the corn, and I'm sure there was plenty spilled on the ground and their tummy's must be really full.
We also saw some deer. Originally there was many more, but as we tried to move closer, most of them left.
Be sure to check out Gary's blog "Steam Across the Trestle" . http://steamacrossthetrestle.blogspot.com/ We took some cool shots of a train today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your shots of the cardinals in this entry and past ones. They are so amazing in the winter landscape. Bright red against a black and white background.

me ann my camera said...

We have deer coming into out yard often at this time of year. I watched a couple last evening from my living room chair as they visited my neighbour's backyard and I have a suspicion that I will find my bird feeder's empty when I check them at first light. Lovely pictures.

Mary said...

My cardinals like the dusk and dawn hours also. Makes it harder to get good photos! Nice to see so many geese and the deer! We may try to see the snow geese again today.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh,my,what a lot of wild life you have.Thanks for allowing me to see it in this way.I think your new header is really good,shows the winter season well.
Blessings,Ruth

Jan said...

Love this post. The woodpecker is my favorite.

Michele said...

The deer shots are wonderful...
we have had a lot of them here as well but I have been too cold to get out there to take any decent shots!
A fine post indeed!
Happy weekend...
~Michele~

dot said...

Enjoyed seeing all those critters and the trains too. No much happening in our area as far as seeing birds or deer.

Carletta said...

Great shots! I really do love seeing the cardinals. I have a pair and then saw an extra male this week for the first time.