Today is our 39th anniversary. We aren't doing anything special, just enjoying each other's company. The restaurant we ate at is in big time Amish country in Spartansburg, Penna. It is called the Dutch Treat. The flowers around the restaurant are Easter Lilies, and are just beautiful. There is also a lake there called Clear Lake, and this next photo shows some of the Amish horses and buggies that were parked there while their owners fished.
WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Saturday, July 12, 2008
COUNTRY CRUISIN
Yesterday was grocery day, and we also went to the Amish bulk food store. We also took ourselves out for lunch . It's a pre- anniversary lunch.
Today is our 39th anniversary. We aren't doing anything special, just enjoying each other's company. The restaurant we ate at is in big time Amish country in Spartansburg, Penna. It is called the Dutch Treat. The flowers around the restaurant are Easter Lilies, and are just beautiful. There is also a lake there called Clear Lake, and this next photo shows some of the Amish horses and buggies that were parked there while their owners fished.
Today is our 39th anniversary. We aren't doing anything special, just enjoying each other's company. The restaurant we ate at is in big time Amish country in Spartansburg, Penna. It is called the Dutch Treat. The flowers around the restaurant are Easter Lilies, and are just beautiful. There is also a lake there called Clear Lake, and this next photo shows some of the Amish horses and buggies that were parked there while their owners fished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your header photo is great! Congratulations on your 39th anniversary! (we hit 38 this year). What a great looking place and it is nice to see the Amish life style. Almost ancient history to see clothes on a line! Many subdivisions here won't even allow it....doesn't fit the image they want...how sad when image is more important then energy concerns or personal preference. Glad you found the Cabbage Whites at least!
Happy anniversary! Your area is very picturesque and I love to see the horse and buggies. Lovely flowers too.
And I love to hang clothes on my clothesline :-), I almost feel guilty if I use my clothes dryer on a hot, sunny, breezy, summer day!
Happy anniversary! We reach 36 years next month. Glad you had a nice day to celebrate. We enjoy driving through the Amish community north of us, with the horses in the field, and clothes strung from house to barn.
Happy Anniversary to you both!!
I really enjoyed this post and seeing the photos re the Amish.
Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you had a lovely time in Amish Country. Don't they make the best food ever? I hope you had a very nice time together.
That Easter Lily is beautiful! And I see a lot of those white butterflies here too! Great capture!! And I love seeing the barns and farmland!!!
Post a Comment