WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

JAMESTOWN AUDUBON CENTER AND SANCTUARY WALK #4

Before we go back to conclude our walk at the Jamestown Audubon Center, I have a few shots from around here yesterday.
The butterflies are beginning to show up. I saw several but some I wasn't able to get any pictures. It was really windy here and it seemed to blow the smaller ones around too much. I'm going to put out some cantaloupe rinds this morning in the sun in hopes to attract more than flies.
Here is a beautiful Red-spotted Purple.
He stayed around quite a while and gave me many poses.
The Sumac is really doing well this year.
These Cedar Waxwings were in our neighbors yard picking at something in the grass.
Monarch on a Coneflower.This is actually is the end of the Jamestown Audubon Center Blue trail. From here you can go back to the main building.
This is what one of the small ponds looks like after the geese get done thrashing around in it.
Here they are in another pond being very quiet.
I likes the iridescent colors of this beetle.
Another old interesting stump.
This concludes our walk. Tomorrow I'm going to post another walk we took recently on an old railroad bed that is in the process of being improved as a walking/ bike/ snowmobile trail.
Have a super day, and stay cool. It's supposed to be hot here today!

1 comment:

Kerri Farley said...

OH I have really enjoyed this trip! Thanks for taking us with you! The shots of the butterfly are FABULOUS!!