"Oh my little flower, come closer. I have something to tell you"."So, you say I'm not your kind?"
"But I am the love of your life".
"Won't you just give me a chance?"
Now that the skunks have gone, we have this guy. Much more welcome believe me!
He's thinking about venturing towards the house.
Then he hears a noise coming from the field, and changes his mind.
This is not a very good picture. Too much sunlight, but I don't have that many butterflies, and I'll take whatever I can get. I think it is one of the Fritillary's, Aphrodite maybe?
It was so hot yesterday ( 91º), even the juvenileGrackles were uncomfortable!
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
These are such wonderful nature scenes! I love the courting doves and your story. I'd be wilting in 90 degree temperatures. Our summer temps. so far are a little below average, 70F, which really suits me.
Love the dove shots! Great captions! I've got one that is unmerciful in its chasing of another. Silly creatures. What a cute groundhog. The ones here never venture near our house. I've been seeing a lot of birds that look like they are panting.
4 comments:
These are such wonderful nature scenes! I love the courting doves and your story. I'd be wilting in 90 degree temperatures. Our summer temps. so far are a little below average, 70F, which really suits me.
Nothing like a wooing mourning dove...so funny..I like your nature photos as that is what my blog is about too...
Love the dove shots! Great captions! I've got one that is unmerciful in its chasing of another. Silly creatures. What a cute groundhog. The ones here never venture near our house. I've been seeing a lot of birds that look like they are panting.
Oh I LOVE your Mourning Doves!! And the butterfly is AWESOME! I think it is a Fritillary.
Post a Comment