WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, July 24, 2008

THURSDAY

Good Morning all. It is sunny now and 56º
We had quite a stormy night. Thunder, lightening and heavy rain. We ended up with 1.26" of it.
Yesterday morning it began with clouds and fog after raining during the night also. Shortly after dawn it began to clear, and we thought it would be a nice day On my morning dog walk I see this Thistle just beginning to bloom. I love the purple color.
These Hosta flowers are really hanging heavy from the rain.
On our way to town.
Later in the afternoon, it clouded up again. I'm still not walking much on the trails because of the mosquitoes and those pesky little black flies.
A miniature Rose bud.
This Bumble Bee must have had a hard day, although I don't see any pollen on his legs. He is just resting on this Cone flower. I continued to walk around my flower beds, and checked on him later, and he was busy at work again.
Very small "farm" Rose.
If you recall a few posts ago I mentioned the skunks have moved on (yea!), and we now have this ground-hog. I've seen him almost daily way out in our back yard, but yesterday he decided for some reason to venture closer to the house. In the afternoon he was in the flower bed right in front of the house. Gary and I chased him out, and later there he was in the back yard again near my garden, and here is Azrael checking him out.

5 comments:

me ann my camera said...

You know the colour of the yellow line is very outstanding; it draws you right into the picture and takes you along. Also your first photo of the clouds is superb! Enjoy the sunshine, we have rain today :-(

Mary said...

Everything looks so pretty there, I'd like to be rambling along that road to town and back. Your flowers are beautiful and I really love those roses! So wonderfully, old fashioned looking. I'm like the bee.....I would just stop and rest and take it in :-)

Anonymous said...

The color in those shots is crystal! Excellent series!

Jane O' said...

Your photos are beautiful as always. I especially like the rose buds. Very sweet.

Kristine said...

I don't mind seeing the groundhogs on the sides of the roads. (And I don't mean as roadkill!) What a riot that Azrael was so interested!