WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, July 7, 2008

MUGGY MONDAY

Early this morning on my walk with the dog, I took this picture up the road from our house. There was plenty of fog( boy am I glad I'm not driving to work any more),but the sun was just shining through, and now a couple hours later it is getting warm and muggy. I posted this old building last winter, but driving past it yesterday, and thought it was worth another look.
Crown Vetch.
Larger Blue Flag Iris. These are on the same dirt road as that old building. It is on State Game Lands.
In the same section where the blue Iris was I spotted this lone white one.
Also this old fence post looked interesting.
Really cool markings on this Birch tree.

Black eyed Susan in this meadow. I saw butterflies but I couldn't get to them because of a deep ditch, and a steep bank.
Deptford Pink
White Enchanter's Nightshade.




4 comments:

Mary said...

I love your header shot....all those water droplets! Some buildings or certain trees just draw you back over and over. That birch tree looks like it has large eyeballs! I'm glad you identified the little pink flower, because I just saw some and didn't know what it was :-) I like that Enchanter's Nightshade....very delicate.

Anonymous said...

It was terribly muggy here today too. I enjoyed seeing your nature shots, as it was back to the office for me today. At least there was air conditioning.

me ann my camera said...

I really like old gray buildings and fence posts. I think their age speaks to me of permanence and history in that they have been there for a while. Lovely wildflowers too.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful shots! I am captivated by this post! I LOVE the first shot of the sun through the fog...I am a huge lover of Fog. AND I Love the fence post....I love those too! And of course I love old buildings and wildflowers....so you covered them all for me :)

Great Post!!