WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, July 28, 2008

JAMESTOWN AUDUBON CENTER AND SANCTUARY WALK #3

Before we go back to Jamestown, I'm first going to take you on a short walk around our yard yesterday morning. It was so foggy, I'm just glad I didn't have to drive anywhere. The fog was so thick, you could feel it in your nose when you breathed, and it stuck to my hair making it wet. Plenty of spider webs showing their artistry. I could have taken photos of dozens, but only did a few.

This Northern Spy apple tree is doing well.
Asparagus . We let it go to seed every year, and these fronds are now about 5 ft. tall.
OK, now were back at the Audubon Center. This is one of the small ponds, and Gary thought this looked like an alligator waiting in the Duckweed.
Wild Grapes.
These geese were having a splashing good time.
Oh, how I love the color of these Thistles.

Spring Azure Butterfly on goose poop. They were all over the walkway. You had to be careful where you step.
Shadows in the pond.
Woodpeckers have been working on this stump.
One of several overlooks. There was a huge Great Blue Heron in the water when we arrived, but he saw us first, and flew away.

It was just a beautiful day.
That's all for now. I have one more segment for tomorrow. Have a wonderful day all.

3 comments:

Mary said...

You do get the most perfect spider webs! They are so pretty in the fog and dew! Those apples look great. More great pictures from Audubon....this walk has been very enjoyable. You must be having a great time (and not a train in sight for Gary!)

Kerri Farley said...

I have enjoyed all 3 posts on this Audubon center! What a fabulous place to visit! Thanks for taking us along :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice collection, but I particularly like the spider webs. Well done.