WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Friday, July 11, 2008

We decided to take the day off yesterday and watch trains. The grass really needed cutting, but we have allot of trees and it keeps everything too wet to mow till about 3:o'clock in the afternoon.
The day began quite foggy again, and 53º On the drive to our destination we go by a rather large pond where we saw this Great Blue Heron. He flew to the farthest end of the pond, just so I couldn't get a good picture I'm sure.
Right in the same area I spotted this Belted Kingfisher. He too was far away.
Farther down the road we are up quite high and have a good view of Lake Erie, and we could see this large ship
Also we can see our friends in Canada. It is 30 miles across the lake at this point.
We have reached the area where we watch trains. Traffic was slow yesterday due to some rail repairs, so while we wait I decided to walk around and do some picture taking of the flowers that grow along the railroad tracks.
Queen Anne's Lace
One with pink fringes.
Spotted Knapweed
Spotted Knapweed bud
Sumac
Sumac
I love the color of Chicory
And another Chicory
Common St. Johnswort
A reflection of this old mill in a water puddle.
We didn't stay too long. It was getting hot.

2 comments:

me ann my camera said...

I think any picture of a Kingfisher is a good picture as yours definitely is! They are very hard to photograph, in my experience anyway, for as soon as they are aware of your presence they are gone.

Kerri Farley said...

WOW! First of all your sky shot is amazing! But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Blue Heron and the Kingfisher! I have seen both this year for the first time...and they are SO HARD to get a good shot of! You got GREAT ones!! You should be proud!!

And I love your wildflower shots! I have seen Queen Anne's Lace this year with that pink fringe...I wonder what that is? And Chicory is my favorite wildflower :)

The reflection of the mill in the puddle is absolutely stunning!!!
Fabulous Post!!