WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Well, it is pretty overcast here this morning, and the threat of rain lurking nearby. I don't know if we'll get any. On my walk with the dog the air is heavy and also it's foggy.
Yesterday on the way home from town we took this same back road that we have the past few weeks, and spotted this old hay wagon in a field. It looks like it has carried many 100's of bales of hay and straw, and has had a long hard life.. Along the way we also spotted this tom Turkey. He was alone and just walking across the road.
I couldn't believe all the apples on this poor old tree. This isn't a really good picture, but this tree is loaded.

Black-eyed Susan
Queen- of- the- Prairie
Queen-Of-The-Prairie closer look. These flowers are a member of the Rose family, and are really spectacular. They are about 3 ft high, and form plumes.
I think this is a Lestes Damselfly.
This is the female Ebony Jewelwing Damselfly. The female has the 2 white spots on the tips of her wings.Sooty Azure Butterfly
Yellow Wood- Sorrel

2 comments:

Mary said...

I really like that Queen-of-the-Prairie! Beautiful! Lovely damsels and butterfly. A very nice group of photos!

Anonymous said...

I love the whole post. You have some nice captures there!