I managed to find the other 2. The smallest one still was sticking close to the burrow, but the 2nd baby had wandered quite far away, and was searching for his supper on one of our upper trails. I worry about them getting too close to the road, but what can you do. I hope their mother has taught them to look out for traffic. Speaking about Mom, I haven't seen her in over 2 weeks. Maybe she only comes out at night.
WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Up-date on our skunk family. Ya gotta love this little guy. I managed to get with-in 8 feet of him, and he was so busy chomping on the grub he had dug up that he honestly didn't even notice me.
That grub was pretty big, and he dropped it before picking it up again and began chewing it up. Skunks search for Japanese Beetle grubs, so in a way they are helping us...
I managed to find the other 2. The smallest one still was sticking close to the burrow, but the 2nd baby had wandered quite far away, and was searching for his supper on one of our upper trails. I worry about them getting too close to the road, but what can you do. I hope their mother has taught them to look out for traffic. Speaking about Mom, I haven't seen her in over 2 weeks. Maybe she only comes out at night.
It was a busy day yesterday. Toward noon we all went to Findley Lake where our son Steve serves as a volunteer firefighter. They had a delicious chicken bar-b-q. It's 5 miles from home, and they always have a big 4th of July get together. They cooked 200 chickens and had no left-overs.
Old Glory
I'm always on the look-out for unusual cloud formations.
I managed to find the other 2. The smallest one still was sticking close to the burrow, but the 2nd baby had wandered quite far away, and was searching for his supper on one of our upper trails. I worry about them getting too close to the road, but what can you do. I hope their mother has taught them to look out for traffic. Speaking about Mom, I haven't seen her in over 2 weeks. Maybe she only comes out at night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
REally good skunk pictures! Even though I don't want the little critters, you can't help be fascinated by them and how lovely they are to look at! Love the orioles! I've never even seen an adult and you have babies! Neat! Good fireworks shots! My husband tried some last night, but nothing that good resulted.
FABULOUS post! I can't believe you ventured so close to that skunk!
Those baby orioles are beautiful!!
Post a Comment