WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, November 10, 2008

And So It Begins!

Good grief, look what we woke up to this morning! What a difference a day makes! Yesterday although it was cold, it was raining, and the ground was green. So far there is 6" of the white stuff, and it is heavy. Earlier we had some flickering of our lights which might indicate downed power lines, but nothing so far.
Seems that anytime someone out here in the sticks sneezes we lose our power. We already have the generator hooked up, just in case!
This is my bird bath/ fountain. I think we need to put it away for the winter. To the best of my knowledge the birds don't have any sleds or ice skates to use here. This old chair now has a 6" soft snow pad for a seat.
The apple trees are covered.

My poor pink Rhody bush.
Our back yard during some heavy snowfall.
oops, I already posted this one.
More snow on the apple branches.
That big old Norway Maple tree in our front yard still has a few leaves.
If I can remember it, I'm going to try to keep a running total each day of the snowfall here. In my "job" as a weather watcher, I send the totals into the TV station 3-4 times a day, so I should remember to do it here.
Have a happy day all, and keep warm out there.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are just getting a dusting here today. Sorry you got dumped on! I plan to call my son later to find out how they fared in Buffalo.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh my goodness!! What a difference!! It looks too cold for me, shall I send you some sunshine?? LOL!! Beautiful shots Becky and Gary.

Pia K said...

Wow that was a whole lot of overnight snow! Gorgeous! Here we have storm and rain, sadly no snow though. Yet.

Michele said...

Yes, it appears winter has blanketed you as well. It doesn't give much warning, does it?
I have mixed feelings about it, I'm not sure I am wanting it quite yet as I know the season can be so long and I do walk a lot, it's how I get around. But alas, I really haven't a choice but some warmer weather appears over the horizon and some has melted the snow a bit so perhaps I am seeing some green/yellow grass come up! =)
Beautiful photos you have posted here today.
~Michele~

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh, that looks so pretty.Nothing like a blanket of fresh snow to take care of unfinished tasks.Welcome to winter.

EG CameraGirl said...

I think it looks beautiful...but it is way too early to get six inches worth! Yes, keep us posted. I figure you must live pretty close to Buffalo since I heard Buffalo was supposed to get some of the white stuff.

Mary said...

As long as its your snow and not mine, it's beautiful! I always kind of enjoy the first snowfall, but don't want it for another month. We had a frost and my fountain was frozen, too. Had Mike take the frog ball in and dropped in the heating element, but I need to get a dish or something to set there inside for the birds to sit on.

dot said...

The snow looks so pretty! It's a grand occasion when we have snow here.

Jan said...

Oh my gosh, we were at the beach today; just taking photos for us, but the surfers were out.

Cicero Sings said...

We're still at the coast so I'm wondering what it is doing at home?!

I heard we had snow and that it melted to mud. But since then????

I don't envy you ... D wants snow and lots of it real bad ... I only want it to help the water table situation ... otherwise ... secretly ... the less the better!

me ann my camera said...

Very beautiful and so much! Lovely.

Kerri Farley said...

The snow makes for some lovely images!! Yikes, that is a LOT of snow!