WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It was a bit foggy yesterday morning when we went to town. On our way crossing on the bridge over French Creek I spotted the Bald Eagle. I haven't seen him all Fall, and was so glad he was still around. As I was taking pictures, and I'm sorry they aren't very clear, but he was so far away, Gary said" Look there's another one", and on the opposite of the bridge was it's mate. Now I'm really happy. Two in one day.


First stop was the post office in Clymer, New York. A small Dutch community. They have a windmill at all 4 roads leading in / out of the town. In the spring there are Tulips planted at the base of the windmills, and during Christmas there are lights all around.
There is a pond there hosting plenty of ducks and the ever present Canada geese. This is the stream that feeds the pond.
The water level is now low, and some of the water is already frozen.
OK, I know everyone is tired of all the geese pictures, but you have to admit they do look "cool" standing out on the ice.
A bunch resting.
Enough for today. We have another winter storm watch for tonight and on into Wednesday. Wonder how much snow we'll get this time.

9 comments:

me ann my camera said...

How lucky for you, two eagles!! I watched a group of Canada Geese yesterday feeding along the freezing edges of the new river ice and some of the broke through but it didn't seem to matter to them. Actually that is perhaps what they wanted for they started feeding immediately on the spot.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

How wonderful to have a mating pair!! Come spring maybe we will have some hatchlings there!! :)

Mary said...

2 eagles in one day?? I guess it's only fair if you have to have all that snow that you should get something wonderful like an eagle to make you forget it. Great shots! That windmill is lovely in the snow.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Eagles,beautiful every time.That must be so prett with tulips around the windmills.Isure hope you will be posting some pictures come springtime.
Blessings,Ruth

Cicero Sings said...

Some people just hog all the snow! Still none here. Great wintry pictures.

Jan said...

Great post. Can't believe how much snow you have already.

Anonymous said...

Great shots. So many people are posting these winter wonderlands. I'm still hoping we get the rain they've been promising. I look at those ducks on the ice and hope they don't get stuck with their little feet frozen in there.

Anonymous said...

It is a lucky day when you see eagles. And I never tire of seeing geese. I find them quite photogenic. Hope you don't get dumped on again. Most of our snow has already melted.

Kristine said...

Your eagles are SO cool! I think the only time I've seen bald eagles is when we were in the San Juan (Washington) Islands.

The Canadian Geese always "wintered" in Colorado, where they were considered nuisances. We had a park that we (our family) called "Goose Poop Park." A friend visited from California and was enthralled by them, which I of course found hilarious!

We don't get geese here, but we do seem to have a lot of seagulls.