WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, November 17, 2008

Ho Ho Ho

Monday morning surprise!
Well, guess what we woke to this morning. Merry Christmas! early! 15" of heavy wet snow! Clinging to everything. This is what living in the "Snow Belt" is like. We're used to it, and just accept it as another day . Before this event is over, we might get another 7" or so. I'll be measuring it a couple more times and send the report into one of the local TV stations in Erie.
Right now it is snowing again. I went to the barn to take care of the animals this morning, and the snow was up to my knees. I kept them all in today, and of course they aren't very happy.
Tauqua loves to play in the snow.
This is a hitching rail Gary built several years ago.
I might make Christmas cards from this one.
The apple trees all blanketed with a white fluffy covering.
Our garden shed, and the lower part of the fence where I keep my goats.

This poor bird feeder needs some attention.
Part of the front yard.
A Bluebird house with a cool knit hat.
This sunflower feeder has over a foot of snow on top.
This was a shrub that our neighbors trimmed last summer, and we used the trimmings tied up next to the feeders for the birds, and now we have corn stalks tied up with it.
OK, you all have a wonderful day. I have housework to do, and I think I'll bake today. Stay warm.
Total snowfall so far this season = 24.5" If anybody wants any, just let me know...LOL

11 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Oh wow! We could use such a snow here. Beautiful snow pictures.

Mary said...

Wonderful photos....depressing, but wonderful! It really looks beautiful, but I don't want any for 2 months at least! I'm glad we live just below the "Snow belt". If we get a nice snow like that I love to take photos, but then I just want it to go away...at least on the roads.

Michele said...

Gosh... nice and wintery, that's for sure!! I suppose it is that time of the year, isn't it?
Beautiful photos... a pleasure to see them!
I think I'm ok with not needing any snow down this way but thanks anyways! =)
Stay warm and have a hot chocolate for me!
~Michele~

EG CameraGirl said...

We got snowed on too...but nothing like you! It's kinda pretty. ;-)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful!I love the snow and all the beauty it brings.O.K.,did I mention that I'm different,at least that's what some people might think.Your pictures are great,love them.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Beautiful pictures, and definitely nice for a Christmas card. We had a couple of inches overnight, but mostly gone this evening. You can send a little bit our way occasionally, but not too much at once.

Eve said...

Hello Becky and Gary! Nice to meet fellow New Yorkers! We were north of the Lake Snow bands this last round so don't have what you're looking at just yet...thank goodness!! You have a beautiful blog!

Pia K said...

Oh, I'm all green (as the lawns here) over all this amazing, beautiful snow...! Oh I wish we could have proper Scandinavian winters like we used to, sigh...

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I think it is about time for you and Gary to head south to our warmer climates Becky. I will take you up to Kruger Park for a few days. :)

Leedra said...

Makes me cold just looking at it.

dot said...

I'm sure you must get tired of all that snow but for someone in Georgia who doesn't see much your pictures are beautiful!