WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hodge Podge

On our trip to Lake Erie we stopped by to see Wisconsin's state Flagship the S/V Denis Sullivan. It is a 3 masted schooner and will be docked in Erie till Monday. They were taking on passengers for an evening cruise, but it was way too windy for me... I didn't get all the sign either because the wind was blowing so hard.
I couldn't get all the ship either because the dock was in the way.

This is the Amish place where we buy all of our annual, and veggie plants. Yes, a log home, and it is beautiful! Not your typical Amish home believe me. They also have 3 gorgeous greenhouses. The plants are the best too. Anyway when we were there recently hoping to buy Mums they were closed for the season. They really do a terrific busines, and during hunting season process deer.
More Ringed Seagulls looking over the lake


Can anyone out there tell me if there is a use for all this Golden Rod ?

Here we have the Wolly Bear caterpillar. The amount of black on each end does not fortell the severity of the coming winter. Actually this is the caterpillar of the Isabella Moth which isn't all that attractive.

Friday afternoon this rain shower came up so fast, and was gone just as fast. The sun came out, and it was nice the rest of the day.




If you are interested in trains at all skip on over to Gary's blog http://steamacrossthetrestle.blogspot.com/ . We are going through several vintage photograph albums that contain all trains and will be posting some each day. Some pictures from our vacations and some from around our area. These were all taken with our 35mm camera.

4 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Wow,to see a ship like that would be great.Love the Amish home,it is beautiful.That's a lot of Goldenrod,but Jake and I have collected some,dried it ,and now Jake is turning it into trees for his model railroad.They look really great.Have a great Sunday.
Blessings,Ruth

Jan said...

What a great day. I love seeing the tall ships.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That is a beautiful ship. I would not mind spending a few weeks on it. It must be nice having such a lovely place to get your veggies.

Mary said...

Beautiful visit to the lake. The only use I know for Goldenrod is for the insects who like it. I took photos of wasps on it yesterday. Love the gulls.....I wonder if they have an offical post that is "theirs" and you had better stay off!