Well, the day has come and gone and I missed the unveiling. I knew the Butterfly would emerge today, but we had to go away and when we got home, there it was all done. The devise you see above the chrysalis is a plant clip. The leaf the chrysalis was attached to became moldy and I had to cut the chrysalis free and fasten it to the clip with string and glue. The chrysalis must hang free.This is what I saw when we got home.
I called our granddaughters and we took it outside in the sun to dry it's wings.
It still doesn't have the wings fully open.
Suddenly it flew up into my Flowering Crab tree.
It stayed there in the tree for about 10 minutes, and then all of a sudden it was gone.
I sure hope it finds a warm place for the night. Our temperatures are supposed to dip into to low 40's or maybe worse the upper 30's!
OOOooo.... it's so pretty... oh my, you have captured it so beautifully. I have never seen it done like this before. Unbelievable... I'm glad I have seen this.
I'm so sorry you missed the emergence of the monarch, but at at least you witnessed most of the process. I looked and looked for a monarch caterpillar this year...but never found one. Maybe next year. ;-)
Aw,too bad you missed this.The end result is a beautiful butterfly.I had the chance to witness such an event once,it took me breath away. Blessings,Ruth
What a STUNNING series of photos you've captured and shared. I'm awfully glad I opened my 'reader' this morning and decided to do some 'catch up' or I might have missed out on this marvelous post. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs and blessings,
8 comments:
Positively fantastic!! WOW!! An EXCELLEnT capture and the most brilliant shots Becky!! Thank you so much for sharing.
OOOooo.... it's so pretty... oh my, you have captured it so beautifully. I have never seen it done like this before. Unbelievable... I'm glad I have seen this.
Hugs and smooches, my friend...
~Michele~
I'm so sorry you missed the emergence of the monarch, but at at least you witnessed most of the process. I looked and looked for a monarch caterpillar this year...but never found one. Maybe next year. ;-)
I would love to be able to witness this in the flesh ... but your photos are the next best thing.
You still got beautiful shots! I saw my caterpillar again yesterday, so he hasn't made a chrysalis yet. Will look for him again today.
Aw,too bad you missed this.The end result is a beautiful butterfly.I had the chance to witness such an event once,it took me breath away.
Blessings,Ruth
Even if you did miss the actual emerging, you did a very good job of taking pictures of of it before it was gone.
What a STUNNING series of photos you've captured and shared. I'm awfully glad I opened my 'reader' this morning and decided to do some 'catch up' or I might have missed out on this marvelous post. Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,
Post a Comment