WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gulls and Geese

Bottoms up! On a drive to Chautauqua Lake we stop for a minute to watch the waterfowl. These Canada Geese were just coming in for a landing.

With a lake full of water, this gull was drinking from a puddle in the parking lot.
These Ringed Gulls really are cute.

How about this side?

Of course there always has to be a loud mouth in the group!


We watched this one out on the end of the dock doing some preening. I noticed he was limping.


Some neck scratching. You can tell it was very windy.

Then I threw out a small piece of bread and he flew closer.
Take a look at that leg. I'll bet a fish line. Right down to the bone. Ouch!

Have a great week-end all. It's going to rain here, and the butterfly hasn't emerged yet.
Right now the chrysalis doesn't look just right. There are black spots on it. I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Poor gull!! We have just had our first rains here I am so pleased but we need lots and lots more so pleased send some of your down hee.

Have a great weekend too Becky.

Cicero Sings said...

Hi Becky,

We are supposed to get our first frost tonight. Well have to glean all that's gleanable from the garden today.

Mingus is looking for trouble at the moment I need to go check on him but here are five words for you:

Mother(ing), Apron, Frugality, House, Organization

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Poor gull,sure hope he makes it.
We have lots of Canada Geese around right now as well.Have a fabulous day.
Blessings,Ruth

Margaret Cloud said...

What great pictures, the gull is really cute, have a great Sunday.

Betty said...

Great pictures. The gull is cute. I hope it does not lose it's leg because of the fishing line. Our weather here has been to great. I wonder what the winter will bring.

EG CameraGirl said...

The poor gull! I had to giggle when you said there's always one loudmouth in the group. That is so true!

Mary said...

Those gulls are very pretty! I love the wind-blown photos....so clean and white looking.