WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just Stuff

Just playing catch-up. I have so many pictures that I never get to post. Here are just a few
This airplane flew rather low over the field across the street. In case I forgot to mention I found another Monarch caterpillar. I had this one for 2 days and he attached to the jar lid last night. We'll check in 10 days and get pictures. I've asked the granddaughters to name it. Stay tuned...

It's mushroom season, and this one growing under our pine trees.

I discovered this beauty right by our front steps. I have a very good mushroom ID book, and can't locate it in the book!



It's time to find some great dried weeds too. These are the seeds from the Wild Parsnip plant. It is an invasive plant that can give you a nasty rash if you come in contact with the "juice".


One morning this spider web was strung from our "kids" Jeep antenna to the car body.
A somewhat rare sighting this summer of a Monarch butterfly.

Another dried weed seed pod.

More seed pods.

On our trip last week-end to Deer Park, there were 2 very beautiful peacocks. This is one, and I'll post more pictures on Saturday.

7 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

It is amazing how quickly and where you find spiderwebs. They seem to come out of nowhere.

jan m said...

I love your header photo this morning! That's a hairy looking mushroom. George spotted puffballs last week, and put the car in a screeching halt so he could pick them.

Kristine said...

Love the new header! What a great variety of pics in this post, I'm glad they were finally freed from your camera!

That's so funny, Becky, I can picture you scrambling for your camera when you hear the plane. I always do that, and I always miss the shot. :p

Trevor is fascinated by our mushrooms. When you find your book, if you get a chance, send me the title, would you? He would find that very interesting.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Love the variety of subjects featured.I think my favorite might be the web,butthey are all great.Have a fantastic day.
Blessings,Ruth

EG CameraGirl said...

This post has such a nice variety of photos. I cannot believe you've found another monarch caterpillar! I still haven't found even ONE!

Betty said...

Your pictures are great. I love to find mushrooms and look them up in my book that I can;t find either.Love the peacock.
~~ Hugs ~~

Mary said...

Wow...I'm amazed at all the dried stuff already. Looking forward to watching another caterpillar. Beautiful peacock and that spider web it beautiful, too. What a strange mushroom. I'ver never seen any like that...so shaggy.