WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Saturday, September 5, 2009

This is what has been going on all week. This shows the inside of the woodshed about 1/3 rd full. This is the last pile we split out in the back yard.

Another pile waiting to be stacked.

This is more of that same pile. I don't think we'll be able to get it all in the shed this year.
It's been a busy week, and if I don't get around to all of your blogs, please forgive me. I'll do better next week. Our son says he thinks we should have all this wood stacked by the week-end. We got the grass mowed this afternoon, and that's a chore done for the week-end too. The weather should be beautiful, so it will be productive.
Have a good one yourself.

Walking the dog this evening I saw this Katydid. It was the 2nd one I saw today.


Thursday night I saw this ultralight fly over our house. They sure are loud. I love to fly, but can't say I'd feel safe up there in that.
This Cantaloupe was so tasty. I paid $1.25 for it! I remember when I was a teenager and going on vacation with my parents down South. My Dad would stop at a farm market and pick up a couple melons for our breakfast the next morning. He would lay them on the motel room air conditioner over night, and they would be ice cold. He also paid $.25 for each of them.....

6 comments:

storyteller at Small Reflections said...

Looks like you've been busy all right! You last photo made my mouth water and I'm wishing I had a melon to cut up for breakfast.
Hugs and blessings,

Cicero Sings said...

That's a lot of wood you got there!

We've been getting B.C. melons the last couple of weeks ... the local ones are so much better than the imported ones!

Betty said...

I love cantalope yours looks like a very good one.That is a great wood pile(Iremember them well)
I would not like to fly in an ultralight they do look alittle to lite.(LOL)

Jan said...

Yikes, that much wood would last us 20-25 years!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That wood represents a LOT of hard work Becky!! I have always wanted one of those planes and think it would be fun to have. Hmmmm!! Love those melons. Saw the first ones appearing in our shopes on Friday.

Kristine said...

Ooh, the ultralights would be ultracool! Great pic!