WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Saturday afternoon walk around our property

Toad Lily. These flowers are about 1 1/2" across. A very tiny fluttering thing on the Golden rod.
Butternut squash. We'll have plenty this year. I freeze most of them, and some of these measure 10" long!

Here is a Hubbard squash that we plan to eat for Thanksgiving. I have a much bigger one, but the raccoons have been chewing on it. Only at the rind, so maybe it will be OK.


This Ladybug doesn't have many spots. Wonder where she left them? LOL

Not many pictures today. The reminder of the week-end we'll all get together and finish stacking the wood. My main job is to keep everyone fed.
Have a good and safe rest of the holiday.

5 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

A good harvest there Becky. I am pleased to see you are taking a break from all that hard work. If I come over will you feed me too? :)

Betty said...

I love butternut squash and hubbard too.How do you freeze it.That little Toad Lily is so pretty.A spotless ladybug how funny I hope she finds them.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Hope you get all that wood stacked and ready for winter.
Blessings,Ruth

Mary said...

Your autumn harvest is impressive! Love that Toad Lily! What a beauty it is.

EG CameraGirl said...

Your toad lilies are so pretty! I haven't even noticed if any of mine are out yet. I better check!