WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saturday's Findings

Saturday we mowed grass. I did the trails, and then took a walk on them. Of course the cats tagged along. I heard 2 Belted Kingfishers, but only saw this one. They are really spooky and difficult to film. This one was fishing and made 3 catches while I was there watching. The last one, he landed right above me on a limb, but saw the cats and me, and flew away down stream.


These are wild Grape leaves high up in a Willow tree. Something has been eating them, and they look like lace.



How about a close-up of Sumac.
This is a macro of a flower I saw when we went on our ride Friday, but I don't know what it is.
Have a wonderful rest of the week-end.


6 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Great shots Becky. Is the last one maybe lavander?

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

love the macro and the Sumac.Very nice.
Blessings,Ruth

Cicero Sings said...

A walk along freshly mowed trails ... nice to enjoy the fruit of your labours ... and interestings sights were your bonus reward.

Betty said...

What kind of fish did he catch. Great pictures.I love all of the flowers in this post and the last one. I am going to take a walk today and try to fine something differant.

EG CameraGirl said...

Those belted kingfishers truly are hard to capture with a camera. aren't they? I'm still working on getting a "perfect" shot. I think staghorn sumac are amazingly beautiful close up!

Mary said...

Interesting looking down on that purple flower...nice macro! Love the kingfisher! I'm glad he paused for a couple of photos. They are hard to get photos of. Was it Japanese beetles that got the grape leaves? They chew them up here.