WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Baby it's Cold Outside!
This was Saturday morning after the storm left. Blowing, drifting and cold, cold, cold! The temperature at 8AM was a mean 1º. Even with the sun out there was no warmth anyplace.
Saturday afternoon was very different. Blue skies, no more snow and no wind.
We took a drive to the lake, and I saw quite a large flock of Common Merganzers. They swim fast and it's difficult to get good pictures of them.
This stone wall protects the harbor from dangerous waves, and it was frozen from the recent storm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
The icy covered dock is pretty,all decked out with real icicles.Each picture is beautiful,the path through the trees and the sow covered tree.Sure hope the cold lets up so you can enjoy all this beauty.It would be nice if we got some milder temps soon too.Right now its -25C.Yikes!!!
Blessings,Ruth
Lovely cold pictures I love the Blue Spruce. All of that Ice makes great pictures.
~~Hugs~~
Brrrr. Brilliant photos, Becky.
First I want to than you and Gary for the Christmas card, love snowmen anyway. Merry Christmas to both of you. I got cold just reading your post, brr, very nice pictures, thanks for sharing them with us.
Great collection of winter photos, Becky -- although after looking at them I feel like putting on a sweater!
Bobbie
Wowzer ... that DOES look oh so cold to this Southern California Gal ... but beautiful ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
I shiver just looking at your photos. We didn't fare quite so badly in that our temperatures stayed in the double digits. We did have the wind and a icy drizzle today, but most of our snow has melted.
It's looking very cold and icy, but you got great shots! Looking at the swimming merganzers sent a chill up my spine though. LOL
Those lake shots are beautiful, but I'm glad I don't live right by the lake in winter. Brrrrr. The trees and snow are sure pretty!
Post a Comment