I listed in my winter bird list Pine
Siskin, and this is the only one that has showed up. I hope it's a scout and the rest will be along any day now...

This Starling spent a long time on the suet and did some cool acrobatics.

Try this without getting dizzy!


Now he is flapping his wings just to hold on.

There are four pair of Cardinals here at the front feeders. Out back I had two more.

Even the Blue Jays like to practice their upside down eating.

The Cooper's hawk made his first appearance of the winter season, and came away empty handed, or shall I say empty clawed. I'm sure he'll be
back, and with all the Sparrows and House Finches I have this year, he won't go away hungry!

I have seed on the
deck railing close by the bird bath, and the Juncos are always there..

One of the Cardinals that seems to like the ground seeds.

We want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. Stay safe tonight if you party. We cherish our blogging friends and want you back! !
6 comments:
Great post on your birds. I see mostly the same birds here. I enjoyed your photos.
I wish you and your family all the best in 2010. Happy New Years.
That starling is quite the acrobat. I've been lucky to not see any so far. I haven't had any Pine Siskins yet. I love all these photos...don't they really brighten up the days when it is gloomy out there? The Cardinals really add color. Nice hawk...maybe he'll get a starling or a house sparrow, which are usually too plentiful anyway.
I enjoyed these pictures a lot.The antics of the Starling would be worth having them around,at least for a short visit.The Cardinal picture is awesome.Have a safe and New Years eve and my prayer for you is a New Year filled with joy and peace.
Blessings,Ruth
Happy New Year Becky. Hope it is a good one in every way.
It is snowing lightly here ... since yesterday morning. Not a lot of accumulation though but enough that D will be out there shoveling er long.
Happy New Year Becky! We are staying in tonight after running around on errands all day. I did pick up some more bird seed, so I hope to start attracting more birds. I still seem to have far fewer than other winters.
I just love that picture with the red cardinals in the snow.
~~Hugs~`
Post a Comment