WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day after Christmas

The day after Christmas and the weather wasn't as expected. It began as freezing rain, and then sleet, snow and finally a bright beautiful blue sky appeared. The sun shone down on us all afternoon. Actually we were supposed to get more snow Saturday, but it has apparently been postponed till late Sunday. Down the road from us, there was a large flock of Canada geese resting in this pasture not far from the creek. As long as the creek doesn't freeze completely they will stay all winter near by.
Not to be left out Frosty enjoyed her first Christmas climbing in and out of bags.




The birds were here in large numbers today too. Most of these are Sparrows and Finches and a few Mourning doves mixed in. I put seed in this sun dial too. It makes a good feeder.

A day of rest Sunday. We had two days of Christmas. One Friday with our kids and granddaughters, and then one on Saturday with the kids again and my sister. How wonderful to have our family with us.
Lots of food left over too so I don't have to cook. YEA !
I'll try to get around to the blogs today...Sorry if I have missed you lately..

7 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That first picture reminds me of one I took last year.Icicles on the trees are so pretty.Love the white kitty.Enjoy a day of rest today.
Blessings,Ruth

Cicero Sings said...

Frosty looks like she's having fun ... with the best kind of toys ... makeshift ones!

Clear and fairly cold here this morning. We haven't had any new snow in recent times though I see the forecast speaks of the possibility of some.

Glad you had such a good Christmas. I have a fridge full of turkey ... not much else. We'll need to make something of it and have the gang back for a games afternoon and evening.

D is still troubled with this cold so he isn't as energetic as usual.

Betty said...

ralYou have a new kitty how cute.I hope you can keep it away from your birds.
I hope 2010 is good to you.
~~Hugs~~

Margaret Cloud said...

What a cute name for your kitty, very cute. We had freezing rain and then snow also. Have a nice New Year and thanks for coming by.

Lois said...

I love all the birds! I have most of those here too. I even had a bluebird checking out my bluebird box yesterday! Love the kitty too.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like how you captured the icicles on the tree - very festive looking. And the birds look so happy under the feeder. Must have been a perfect Christmas!

Mary said...

Those geese in the snow look so funny. Cats do love bags and climbing in and out. Very cute present she makes! You've got as many birds out there as I do....and all so hungry!