After a beautiful day Friday, Saturday was exactly the
opposite! Really cold, grey skies, light West winds, and no snow yet, but who cares at this point. Every day we're without it gets us one day closer to Spring. Do you think I believe that? Well, let me tell you, we will pay eventually, but for now I'm
lovin it! The ski resort not far from us was making snow last night and today. We can hear the humming of their machines. The temp was 17ยบ early in the morning, perfect for the
snow machines.
Tauqua and Frosty have reached an agreement. She sleeps in his big bed, and he sleeps on the floor.

As I sat at my computer desk watching the birds filling up, this Titmouse came rather close and posed nicely. I'm so happy they have decided to stay. In the 30 years we have lived in this house, this is the first year I've had Titmice.
Friday night around 11PM, I took the dog out, and heard a large flock of Tundra swans over head way up high, but I couldn't see them even though the sky was clear.

Then I decided I should take a walk on the trails to check things out. We had some heavy rain on Thursday, and then a hard freeze Friday night, and there were these frozen water puddles all over.

Some of the ice patterns were pretty cool.


As I neared the creek I spotted something white. When I got closer I saw it was a Chinese Goose. Where he came from I don't know. I didn't think anyone nearby had any geese. I got a couple pictures before he swam away. He was all by himself too.

On the way back to the house I took the Llama trail which follows our overflow( from the creek ) "pond". It's ( the trail) actually about 15 ft. higher than the "pond"
, and I can see the Beavers are hard at work gnawing more lumber for their dam. I just received a rechargeable battery for my game camera, so hopefully by this week-end I'll have it out on the trails. I'd like some pictures of these beavers, and since they work mostly 3rd shift, the camera will be perfect.

I found a couple mushrooms too. I don't know how they withstood the cold night.

The
Ornamental Cabbage looks like it had been dipped in salt.

We had some leftover popcorn that I put out on the deck railing for the birds. I guess
Azrael wanted a taste.

I hope where you are that it is a beautiful day and that you are enjoying every minute.
7 comments:
WOW! These pictures are all so lovely.The cabbage is exquisite,the frozen puddles ,so unique,and of course the birds are always delightful.Thanks for brightening my day with this post.
Blessings,Ruth
We have snow here Becky! It came as a surprise (to me, anyway), as we were out Christmas shopping yesterday afternoon.
Glad the birds are stopping by your place. They are still pretty scarce here, even with all my feeders filled.
I do love the titmice, but they don't stop here often.
Great pictures as always! I enjoy seeing how things are in your neck of the woods.
We're a little colder here at -15C but we've snow on the ground.
Lovely pictures of the frost on the puddles. Frost takes such interesting and amazing shapes.
Glad you posed a picture of your critters. I can't remember seeing a picture of your dog.
I love your frosty/icy pictures they are so different. You have so many birds that I have never seen around here. I like the one in your header. The little white kitty and the big brown dog go so well together.
~~Hugs~~
You have a beautiful view of your bird feeder! Wonderful photo of the titmouse, and I love your banner! I think you have more ice than we do though I did notice a bit this morning. We're getting snow tonight - I hope not a lot. But Wednesday may be nasty!
we hsd snow overnight. How beautiful the landscape looks in your pictures, so uncluttered wit snow.I hopwe it continues rhat way for you.
Ann
Wonderful....love the ice patterns. That a neat goose and a nice surprise! I'm glad you have a Titmouse...they are such happy birds and such fun to watch.
Post a Comment