WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Oh, The Weather Outside is Frightful!

Monday morning we got dumped on with 8" of snow. It really is pretty, but with the days getting longer now, even only 1 minute at a time I'm thinking Spring! How about you?
Total snowfall so far this season is 57".
This is our upper trail or what we call the Llama trail. We put the game camera out here last night to try and capture pictures of the Beavers at work, but must be they took the night off. There was no sign of any activity. I missed 2 great opportunities here in this bit of open water. Yesterday I saw 2 pair of Mallards, and the day before a Great Blue Heron in the exact same spot, and of course where was my camera? At home on my computer desk...
I also saw a beautiful Pileated woodpecker on our drive Sunday afternoon. He was working on a large opening in this tree along side of the road. I stopped and took only one picture before he flew away. It didn't turn out very good.
Also early Sunday morning I heard a Robin out in the front yard, but never could find it for a picture. I'm not having very good luck lately and I never see Robins around here after October...Maybe he had some last minute family business to tend to before he headed South. LOL Azrael likes to go for a walk even if the snow is up to her belly.



The trail turns here around the Spruce tree.

Lots of light snow fluffies.



The yard geese have on warm coats.



Snow covered Sumac.
We have more snow on the way. Oh well, after all it is winter, so we'll just carry on.
Have a wonderful day.
Don't forget to check out my Ruby Tuesday post for today--- Below---

11 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

I particularly like the duck! I thought e was real at first! Here in NSW we had rain for Xmas! Snow is prettier, but oh the slush that follows after!

Marites said...

i hope those geese are alright. Those are a lot of snows..beautiful photos though. Really love the capture. I hope those geese are alright. happy holidays!

Kathy W said...

Wonderful shots. I love the shot with your cat. =) Yeap frightful is one way of putting this winter so far.

Regina said...

Such amazing captures!
Happy New Year!
Cheers.

Cicero Sings said...

Do you have snow or do you have snow! If only we could have so much ... we sure could use a heavy snow pack to replenish our water levels come spring. We are due to get some snow Thursday ... so they say ... but I don't hold a lot of store by "them" ... only if D looks up the charts satellite images ... he knows what he's talking about!

I thought those geese were real for a second two!

jan m said...

Very blustery cold here today Becky, but not much snow on the ground. Garrett was returning to Buffalo yesterday with his sister and her boyfriend, and they were going to try to find a place to go sledding after visiting Niagara Falls. I would have been looking for a warm fire and a cup of hot chocolate! Stay warm...spring is only three months away!

Betty said...

Beautiful snow pictures. I am sure your yard geese will be just fine.
No snow for us this Christmas,but that was OK I like snow as long as I can stay home.
I hope you have a great New Year.
~~Hugs~~

Mary said...

Your snow photos are very pretty! I'm glad you have the snow and not me, but it sure is beautiful. That goose with the snow is funny :-) Most of my cats have never liked snow, but I did have one years ago, that would get out and walk through it...shaking her paws as she went.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Your pictures are beautiful,some remind me of scenes around our area right now. With all that beauty we still wait for spring.Only a few more months.
Blessings,Ruth

EG CameraGirl said...

The weather is frightful but beautiful, Becky. Sorry you have missed a few shots lately. I have too so something must be "going around." The good news is there are still plenty of great chances ahead! All the best in 2010!

storyteller said...

Just looking at your wintry photos makes me shiver a bit, but it's sooooo beautiful to look (virtually, from a distance). I can't choose a favorite, but seeing your kitty in the snow is memorable. By comparison the ocean views from MY walk are very different. Hope you're staying warm ;-)
Hugs and blessings,