WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Friday, December 18, 2009

Weekend Reflections

When the sun isn't out and you live in the country it can be difficult to find reflections, but I did manage to find some in a small portion of Findley Lake that wasn't frozen yet. This is a small stream that runs into the lake, and at the other end were several pair of Mallard ducks. They seemed to be enjoying themselves in the remaining open water.

If you will click on over to James' site http://newtowndailyphoto.blogspot.com/ you will see lots more nifty reflections. Thanks James for hosting this site.




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The duck shot is nice but the second photo is special.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh,that last picture is extra special.The tree reflections in the water is stunning.
Blessings,Ruth

Woody said...

The ducks are having fun, but I prefer the tranquility of the second shot. It's beautiful!

Hmmm. Woodynook Creations. Name sounds familiar.

Betty said...

Gorgeous reflections. Your header is very festive.
~~Hugs~~

Mary said...

Very pretty! Seeing them swim surrounded by snow is wonderful. Love your header!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

How cold Becky!! Yet the snow giving everything a white blanket makes it look so pretty.

VioletSky said...

I really like the second shot, with the softness of the snow surrounding the stark lines of the trees.

Ducks are always good for reflecting, I think!

Serendipity said...

These are beautiful. I love the second shot.

Guy D said...

These are gorgeous, I love this time of the year.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures

VP said...

Lovely shots, the second one is really perfect.

Jan said...

These are striking, Becky. The bottom one could be a Christmas card.

RA said...

Beautiful shots! Ducks and snow and water are a lovely combination. Have a wonderful weekend and holiday :)

Crafty Green Poet said...

The second photo is stunning! I like the mallards too, I saw a lot of them myself today!

James said...

Such a beautiful wintery scence. The reflection is just the icing on the cake.