WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Macro Monday

We had 3" of heavy wet snow Saturday night. After I filled my feeders the next morning I had such a large flock of House Finches that stopped by for breakfast.
Thanks to Lisa for hosting this cool meme.
Click on over to her site http://lisaschaos.com to see lots more close-ups.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful image. Those little guys are cute. My wife would love to see them in our yard. She feeds the birds, the squirrels...

We always have a few cardinals around all winter. Beautiful creatures.

Teresa said...

I just love that photo! Everything about it draws me in. Those birds were thanking their lucky stars for you on Sunday!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh they are beautiful..wonderful shot for the season! Three inches..not too much here yet..but Very COLD! I adore bird shots..beautifully done! Sarah

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Way to go.If you have too many Finches,send them to Canada and to our house in particular.:)
Blessings,Ruth

Chie Wilks said...

oh so cute birds...awesome shot...these birds must be cold.

i hope u can visit mine. It is up here.

jay said...

What a sweet little group of birds! We have a bird feeder too, but we tend to get more of the big ones. Doves, jackdaws, magpies, starlings - although robins and dunnocks are regular visitor and a great tit came calling this morning. Your house finches are different from anything we have, with that pretty rosy breast!

msdewberry said...

Oh, this is a great shot!!! I love this picture.
I should start feeding birds again....

Munin said...

Lovely birdies!

Eve said...

Oh, those little guys are beautiful... and so adorable too! I love these tiny little creatures!

Mary said...

How cute! Very lovely against the snow.

Bo Strömberg said...

Hi!
Beautiful picture! Really good.
Bosse

EG CameraGirl said...

Very nice shot of the birds. They appear to be getting along together very well.

We will get our first real snowfall tonight. We've already checked the bird feeders to make sure they are well stocked!