WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Beautiful Saturday

All the following pictures were taken around home and down on the creek trail.
I love these little bright Goldfinches. Friday morning the temp dipped to 21 deg. and you can see the left over frost on the grass when the sun finally warms up the air.
This Red tailed hawk has a nest up the road. I finally can see a bird head in the nest. I also saw an adult hawk sitting way on top of an old dead tree. This nest is on private property and I can't get any closer.

A cute Song sparrow hunts for food along the creek edge.

A large group of Water Boatman bugs float on the creek.


The white Violets are beginning to bloom.

Azrael watching the birdfeeders, ( and hoping).

We have rain getting closer, and at least it will be warmer.
Have a wonderful week-end.

3 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The frost patterns are quite pretty,but I hope they didn't do any damage.Have a great Sunday.
Blessings,Ruth

Margaret Cloud said...

Very pretty pictures. I have never seen a Song Sparrow in the water like this. Thanks again for sharing.

Mary said...

All of these are great, but I really love the shot of Azrael watching the birdfeeders :-)