WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, April 1, 2010

An afternoon walk

Before we take a walk on our trails, we were out watching trains early Tuesday morning and I spied this Eastern Bluebird high up on a telegraph wire.. I tried to coax him to my house, but didn't have any luck. Then on the way home we saw this Easter egg tree.
These Crocus are in my front yard.

Along the road blooming is the Coltsfoot, one of the earliest wild flowers to show it's faces. I have very fond memories of my Dad mentioning every year that "The little yellow flowers are out". If you look closely at them, they have quite thick stems.



At one of my peanut butter feeders, a female Hairy woodpecker comes for a snack.

On the Llama trail are some fungi growing on an old beaver stump. Speaking about beavers, we had my game camera set up on the beaver trail for 3 days, but didn't see any. Now I moved it behind the house where I saw deer tracks.

We've had the first of several days of beautiful weather. Tomorrow we're going to try searching for beach glass. Have a grand day yourself.

5 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

You did just not have the right food with you to coax him home with Becky. Maybe next time.....

Love the Easter Egg tree. Wish they grew here too. :) Maybe you should send me some of the seeds. LOL!!

Margaret Cloud said...

That is some Easter egg tree. Enjoyed your pictures. I have a Red Headed Woodpecker that comes when I call him gor a shelled no salt peanut, I can hear him coming by his call. Have a nice Easter.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful crocuses.It is so encouraging to see the bright flowers reaching toward the light.
Blessings,Ruth

dot said...

It looks like spring has arrived there. I believe you have as much as we do.

Mary said...

Great stuff! Spring has really sprung at your house. I can't wait to get home and see what is blooming at my house. I miss my birds and my cats and my flowers!