WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Watery Wednesday

Taking a ride to the Peninsula on Lake Erie to get pictures of the nesting Owl, I spotted a trio of Slider turtles basking in the afternoon sun on this old log.

Thanks to 2sweetnsaxy for this meme. Click Here to see more watery shots. I did manage to get some shots of the female Great Horned Owl sitting on the nest. See my header.. I wasn't able to see the mate anywhere.

I don't know if there are any chicks yet, and I couldn't get very close either because of the danger of these Owls attacking. We had gone yesterday morning, but the light just wasn't right, and we went back tonight before sunset.

7 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

How wonderful you managed to get some shots of the owls Becky.

Jim said...

It's still great.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Kcalpesh said...

Cute shot of the turtles!

Pixellicious Photos

Laura said...

beautiful :)

Cicero Sings said...

At least you got to SEE the owl.

As for jury selection ... it was really interesting to see the process. I'm still glad I had an excuse because I would honestly have been a tad prejudice ... not because they were native but having read biographical accounts of people living in the Chilcotin and even history accounts of the way things were for native women in Canada in days gone by ... I would have been prejudice on the woman's behalf! (The man was charged with assault ... he was alleged to have taken a knife to his wife but I don't know any more than that).

me ann my camera said...

Nice header picture. I never ever ssee an owl. I others enjoy owl photos of others. Ann

EG CameraGirl said...

Nice shot of the turtles. I finally saw my first ones of the year a couple of days ago.