WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, April 26, 2010

Ruby Tuesday

While in my home town this afternoon we happened to stop at the local Historical Society. This room reminded me of my great grandfather. He owned a general store in the late 1800's, and I can imagine it looked just like this picture. It would be awesome to board a time machine and go back there for just one day!
Thanks Mary/the teach for keeping this meme going.
Click on her site http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ to see more RED.

10 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A pound of sugar,
a spool of thread—pay for them
at the counter red!

Ruby gum flower

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That is a nice busy scene like imagine stores used to be way back when.

Jama said...

Looks like a page out of history book! not going to find something similar here too, except maybe at the museum.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I think I would have loved to have lived in the 1800's. I would have been Calamity Joan. LOL!!

Becky said...

A trip back in time and a good choice for Ruby Tuesday.

Here's my RT entry.

Hootin Anni said...

I've so often imagined living back in the more 'simpler' times...this looks awesome.

:::PUNCH!!::: Red One!! You've been warned...be alert...commercial, straight ahead. [In other words, mine's posted]

Robin said...

How fun, I love living history museums and recreated stores. Better yet that you've got a family connection as well.

-----------------------------------
My photography is now available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Dianne said...

I love exhibits like that, brings us closer to our past

Unknown said...

That's cool. I love historical stuff like that.

Margaret Cloud said...

Very nice picture. When visiting a museum I always check out any stores they may have, they are worth the visit.