This trail goes from the Lighthouse on the lake to the bay 1.25 miles. The children that lived in the lighthouse with their parents many years ago had to walk this distance each day to catch a boat over to the city of Erie to attend school. This trail was cemented in 1925.

It's been such a busy week, and I haven't gotten around to my friends in a few days. Please forgive me. I'll do better next week.
On Thursday we took a ride to the Peninsula in Erie ( again), and walked one of their trails. This little chipmunk was there at the start to greet us.

The Sidewalk Trail.
I thought this burl on this tree looked like a Koala Bear climbing a tree.

Later we went to watch trains, and these Crows were asking for a handout. I had some crackers in the van and put some out on this bench.

This Crow wasn't too sure the cracker was safe. They are pretty spooky.

Then they take the crackers to the water to soften them. They really are smart.

Back at home I sneaked down to the creek trail and saw a Muskrat.

Then I did see two Wood ducks. They saw me and took off right after I took this shot.
7 comments:
Wow, it certainly is nice to see the animals out enjoying the warmer weather.
It is amazing how fast they learn. Hope you are having a good weekend Becky.
Such fascinating photos.The little Chipmunk is at just the right spot for a wonderful shot.I so want to walk down that path,it looks very inviting.Have a Blessed Easter.
Blessings,Ruth
Nice outing Becky! I finally got out to a nature center over the weekend, but haven't had a chance to write about it.
Wow...lots of great stuff on that trail. The little bit of history about the children walking the trail was intersting, too. Love the chickmunk! That crow is pretty smart. I've seen some of the grackles do that here at a local pond, but now I know other types do it, too. You've got a good eye to spot that muskrat! Wood ducks are so intersting, but I never manage to see them close, and seldom see them at all.
Becky, you are so fortunate to have all these trails. That did look like a Koala Bear on the tree.It is so nice of you to share all your pictures with us.
Nice series of pictures. YOu are right about the bump on the tree. Unbelievable!!
Post a Comment