On my walk tonight I saw the eagle was sitting high up in a tree next to the creek. It's the first time I've seen him in a few weeks. I'm so glad to know he's still around, and I wish I knew where their nest is.

In my back yard the lilac buds are coming along nicely, BUT we are supposed to get snow Thursday night! RATS !

The beavers are at it again building their dam, that will no doubt get washed away during any high water.

Spring Beauties.

We took a ride in search of a known eagle nest about 15 miles from home
, and passing by this beautiful home with 2 gorgeous Mute swans on a pond. I stopped to take a few pictures.. Both swans proceeded to swim over to the edge of the water, and headed up the grass after our van.

This dude was serious, and made sure we moved on!

We found the Eagle nest and to my surprise there was a chick! I didn't find this out till later when we got home and I got to see the pictures. This nest is probably 250 yards away.

On Monday we went beach glass hunting. The wind was
SOOO strong these Red breasted Mergansers were having a really bad hair day!
LOL
These
Bonaparte's gulls were all facing into that strong wind.

A pair of Mallards on the creek behind our house taking a minute to preen.

We're expecting thunderstorms tonight and then colder temps tomorrow. I am so done with this cold weather!
6 comments:
Springtime is such a tease! Gets you ready for gardening only to turn around and freeze your petoot off!
Becky, what a great birding day! This morning we have a heavy fog with mist in the air, hopefully with some sun out there. I hope you are spared any SNOW when the temperatures dip down tonight.
I hope the temperatures don't drop too far,it would be a shame to freeze those buds.I like all the gulls facing in one direction,and yes,the Mergansers really do have a bad hair day. :)
Blessings,Ruth
LOL!! I had a good laugh at the hairstyle of the gulls Becky!! :) How nice to see the eagles nesting again.
Snow!! You have GOT to be joking!! I cannot believe it. What happened to spring?
Wow...an eagle chick already! Great shot! That swan looks just a bit testy...better run! LOL! I hope your lilacs and other flowers don't get frozen. It was cool here today and everything has burst out in bloom, so I hope we don't get any late freezes.
I always enjoy your pictures, glad you found the eagle nest, now you can watch it grow. The company my husband had two Swans, the male chased everyone, including the riding lawn mower.
Post a Comment