WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Macro Monday

It's Macro Monday again ( where does the time go?), and this week a male Purple Finch stopped by for a snack of sunflower seeds. I just love his color. I have only seen this one pair where in past years I had many.
Thanks to Lisa for keeping this meme going. Click on over to her site Here to see more close ups.

10 comments:

jan m said...

Great photo Becky! I haven't seen an purples here yet this year.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

What a gorgeous picture of this Finch! Hope your yard is graced with many more beautiful birds this week.
Blessings,Ruth

Suburban Girl said...

Looks like he has a beakful!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Talk about being caught with your mouth full!! LOL!! Great shot Becky.

Hootin Anni said...

Amazing!!!!!

Here's My Macro Come visit and view if you have some time in your busy day, as I love tons of company at Hootin' Anni's!!!

"Lillagul" said...

Lovely color on that bird !
Great shot !
Have a nice week :)

Colleen said...

Great picture! One of my goals is to get better at taking bird pictures.

jay said...

What a pretty thing! I have never seen one - but I'm in England and we certainly don't have them here. I did see two goldfinches this morning, and ours are different to the US ones. They're becoming quite a rarity!

Unknown said...

He's quite beautifuL! I love how he's peeking at you!

Mary said...

Really nice purple finch shot! I haven't seen any all year. Their color is so pretty.